NU 086-407 Northumberland England
Fenham Tower was originally a monastic grange, which was a subsidiary of the Benedictine priory of Lindisfarne. In 1339, its large stone manor house was built or possibly a defensible pele tower was added, along with a precinct wall and an encasing moat or ditch in 1385. Described as a 'tower in good repair' in 1560, the greater part of the pele was still standing in 1782 but only the foundations were visible in 1852. The site is now a series of earthwork banks and ditches, with a possible dovecote, buildings, a hollow way, tofts and a mill race. 3 miles east is Lindisfarne Castle and 4 miles north-west is Haggerston Castle.
Fenham Tower is located in the village centre, off the A1. 10 miles south of Berwick Upon Tweed, on the A1.
The site is visible from the road.
Car parking is by the side of the road.