NU 103-340 Northumberland England
Belford Castle is a Norman earthwork motte and bailey fortress, which gave defence to a strong stone tower, by 1415. The low oval motte, now supports a 19th century Gothic farmhouse which absorbed, earlier foundations in its construction and to the south a large bailey can be traced by its wide surrounding ditch. The well, could be the original water supply and the design of the cobbles in the courtyard, compares with other Northumberland castles. 5 miles north is Fenham Tower and 6 miles east is Bamburgh Castle.
Belford Castle is located in the village centre, at West Farm. 17 miles south of Berwick-upon-Tweed, on the A1167-A1.
The site is visible from a public footpath that runs to the west of the farm, from the B6349.
Car parking is by the side of the road.