Craster Arms Beadnell
NU 229-293 Northumberland England
Craster Arms was originally a 16th century stone pele tower, founded by John Swinburn or Thomas Forster. Built between 1520 and 1587, the two storey tower is now attached to the rear of an 18th century three storey range. Converted into the Bull Inn by 1818, the only external feature of the medieval tower is a blocked up narrow window in the north-east wall. 4 miles south-west is Preston Tower and 5 miles north is Bamburgh Castle.
Craster Arms is located in Beadnell, off The Wynding. 25 miles south of Berwick-upon-Tweed on the A1-B1340.
The site is the Craster Arms Hotel and offers bed and breakfast accommodation. The public house is freely accessible during opening hours.
There is a car park.