SV 899-106 Isles of Scilly England
Star Castle is an Elizabethan stone artillery fortress, founded by Francis Godolphin. Built on the fortified Garrison Hill in 1593, the fort is in the form of an eight pointed star. The central range has two floors over a basement and is encased by thick rampart walls and a rock-cut ditch. Visit pending. 4 miles north-west is Cromwell's Castle.
Star Castle is located west of Hugh Town, off Garrison Hill. St Mary's island is 28 miles north-east of Lands End.
The site is privately owned and managed castle hotel and access is restricted to guests with reservations for an overnight stay, check website for details.
There is a car park.