Drungewick Manor Loxwood
TQ 062-306 Sussex England
Drungewick Manor is a mid 13th century fortified manor house, founded by the Bishops of Chichester. Occupied as a moated bishop's residence, with a chapel since 1256, King Henry VI granted Bishop Moleynes a license to crenellate this and several other manors in 1447. In the 17th to 19th century, the house was owned by the Onslow family, who restored and extended it. Most of the large moat survives and the east gable of the irregular-shaped, timber framed house is dated 1559. 3 miles north at Rudgwick is Broomhall Copse and 9 miles south-west is Petworth House.
Drungewick Manor is located south of Hale, off Drungewick Lane. 20 miles south-west of Reigate, on the A24-A29.
The site is private and the view from the road is restricted.
Car parking is by the side of the road.