NY 061-739 Dumfriesshire Scotland
Mouswald Place is a 16th century stone tower house, founded by the Carruthers family. The largest and the only remaining border tower in the Mouswald parish, the sites of four others have been lost. Sadly only the eastern half of this tower, with its plain walls and unvaulted basement, stands to any height. In 1570, Lady Marion Carruthers fell to her death at Comlongon Castle, to avoid her marriage contract to Sir James Douglas, of Drumlanrig but upon her death, he still obtain Marion's half of the Mouswald estate. A mile north is Rockhall.