Parsons Tower Ford
NT 943-374 Northumberland England
Parsons Tower is a 14th century stone tower house, founded by William Heron. Standing to the south-west and detached from Ford Castle, it was the home of the resident parson. The square tower, has a chamfered plinth and shows traces of later attached buildings in its stonework. Standing to the height of the first floor, the basement is covered by a barrel vault and its thick walls enclose a single chamber. Damaged in 1513, Sir Cuthbert Ogle had two storeys of the tower repaired in 1541, to make a vicar's pele. 4 miles north is Duddo Tower.