NT 938-425 Northumberland England
Duddo Tower was originally an early 15th century stone tower house and barmkin, founded by the Clavering family. In 1496, King James IV of Scotland, destroyed the fortalice, which stood in a commanding position. The Clavering family, then absorbed its remains in the construction of a late 16th century L-plan tower house. The wing which contained a spiral stair, had a projecting turret in the re-entrant angle above the entrance. Standing to the height of the parapet, the south-west corner of the tower is all that remains. 2 miles south is Etal Castle and 5 miles north-east is Church of St Anne.