TL 024-795 Northamptonshire England
Titchmarsh Castle was originally a stone medieval fortified manor house, with an oval curtain wall. In 1304, Sir John Lovel founded the castle, when he was granted licence to crenellate the house. The square platform, with its wide moat, was encased with a thin curtain wall, flanked on the angles by hexagonal towers. By the late 14th century, the site had been abandoned. 2 miles north is Thorpe Waterville Castle.
Titchmarsh Castle is located in the village centre, off High Street. 19 miles south-west of Peterborough, on the A1139-A605.
The site is visible from the road.
Car parking is by the side of the road.