SP 407-759 Warwickshire England
Brandon Castle was originally a 12th century earthwork motte and bailey fortress, founded by Geoffrey de Clinton. In the 13th century, the de Verdon family founded the stone castle, when adding the keep and a large outer enclosure. The low motte, stands in the middle of two rectangular platforms and is encased with concentric wet ditches. In 1947, excavations on the motte, found it supported the foundations of a small rectangular keep. This masonry is the only visible remains of the castle, the garrison of Kenilworth Castle attacked and slighted in 1265. 3 miles north-east is Brinklow Castle and 5 miles west is Baginton Castle.
Brandon Castle is located north of Wolston, off Brandon Lane. 5 miles south-east of Coventry, on the A428.
The site is visible from the road.
Car parking is by the side of the road.