SJ 375-587 Cheshire England
Pulford Castle is a mid to late 12th century earthwork motte and bailey fortress, possibly founded by Robert de Pulford. Surrounding the low motte are the remains of a ditch, with a counterscarp bank and standing against the slope of Pulford Brook is a rectangular bailey. This small castle defended the ancient crossing point and in 1403 King Henry IV ordered Sir Thomas le Grosvenor to guard his estates, against Owain Glyndwr. 2 miles north-west is Dodleston Castle and 4 miles south-east is Holt Castle.