HomePage Path

Conwy Town Wall
SH 782-777

Following the English conquest, the walled borough was founded with the castle in 1283 and its walls were largely completed by 1286. One of the finest and most complete town walls in Europe, are flanked by twenty half-round open-backed bastions, a round tower at the high point and three twin-towered gateways. Owned by Cadw and is freely accessible in daylight hours.

Conwy Town Wall

|HomePage|Castle Index|UK Map|Scotland|North|Midlands|East Anglia|Wales|South|Search|Wallpaper|Hotel Search|E-Mail|Blog|

Copyright 2000-2014 CastleUK.Net Some Rights Reserved