HomePage Path

Caernarfon Town Wall
SH 478-628

Construction began in 1283 along with the castle, the complete circuit of walls has survived almost to its original full extent. The walls is flanked by seven half-round open-backed bastions, a round tower at the north-west angle and two twin-towered gateways to the east and west. Owned by Cadw and is freely accessible in daylight hours.

Caernarfon Town Wall


|HomePage|Castle Index|UK Map|Scotland|North|Midlands|East Anglia|Wales|South|Search|Wallpaper|Hotel Search|E-Mail|Blog|

Copyright 2000-2014 CastleUK.Net Some Rights Reserved