SW 824-318 Cornwall England
Pendennis Castle is a stone artillery fortress, founded in 1540, by King Henry VIII. The three storey round tower and gatehouse, are encased by a low open battery, which is then surrounded by a large Elizabethan fort, with retaining walls and bastions. One of a pair of artillery forts, St Mawes Castle stands on the opposite headland. Visit pending. 12 miles north-west is Caen Brea Castle.
Pendennis Castle is located west of Falmouth, off Castle Drive. 26 miles south-west of St Austell, on the A390-A39.
The site is owned by English Heritage and is open daily, July and August 10:00-6:00pm, April to June and September 10:00-5:00pm, October 10:00-4:00pm, Saturday and Sunday November to March 10:00-4:00pm.
There is a car park.