HomePage Path
Fulton Tower
NT 605-158 Roxburghshire Scotland

Fulton TowerFulton Tower is a small 16th century stone L-plan tower house, founded by Hume of Cowdenknowes. It was possibly one of fortress destroyed by English troops under the Earl of Hereford, during the 1545 'Rough Wooing' invasion. A circular stair-tower flanked the eastern angle but most of this stair-tower and south-east wall have been demolished. The two surviving unvaulted rectangular storeys are fragmentary, with traces of fireplaces and a window but there is no indication of an entrance. Oval gun-loops pierce the north-west and north-east walls and around the tower are the turf-covered remains of outbuildings. In 1570, the lands of Fulton passed by marriage to William Turnbull of Bedrule. 2 miles north is Bedrule Castle and 4 miles south-east is Kilnsike Tower.


Street Map

Fulton Tower is located south of Bedrule, off the B6357. 5 miles south-west of Jedburgh, on the A68-B6357.

The site is visible from the road, check website for details.

Car parking is by the side of the road.


Fulton Tower pictures and large castle map
Fulton Tower Picture 1Fulton Tower Picture 2Fulton Tower Picture 3Castle Map of the Area

|HomePage|Castle Index|UK Map|Scotland|North|Midlands|East Anglia|Wales|South|Search|Wallpaper|Hotel Search|E-Mail|Blog|

Copyright 2000-2014 CastleUK.Net Some Rights Reserved