HomePage Path

Peebles, Old Burgh Wall and Bastion
NT 254-406

From 1570, the mason Thomas Lauder erected walls flanked by bastions and connected the burghs four existing ports. None of the ports have survived but in Venlaw Road, two sections of the whinstone rubble wall are flanked on the angle by a circular bastion, pierced by gunloops.

Old Burgh Wall and Bastion Peebles


|HomePage|Castle Index|UK Map|Scotland|North|Midlands|East Anglia|Wales|South|Search|Wallpaper|Hotel Search|E-Mail|Blog|

Copyright 2000-2014 CastleUK.Net Some Rights Reserved