NH 589-642 Ross-shire Scotland
Foulis Castle was originally a 16th century stone tower house and courtyard fortress, founded by the Munros. In 1746 the Jacobites destroyed the castle by fire and from the mid to late 18th century, Sir Harry Munro absorbed the remains of the tower when constructing a Georgian two storey baronial mansion. 9 miles south-west is Castle Leod and 10 miles north-east is Invergordon Castle.
Foulis Castle is located north of Ardullie, off the A9. 16 miles north-west of Inverness, on the A9.
The site is owned by the Chiefs of Clan Munro and is open by appointment only.
There is a car park.