Over Hall Ireby
SD 658-758 Lancashire England
Over Hall was possibly a medieval fortified manorial complex, which was held in the 14th century, by Edmund de Dacre. The early 17th century stone manor house, of two storeys contains a central single storey hall, with a gallery. A 17th century two storey cross-wing and an earlier embattled two storey chamber block, which may be a small pele tower, are attached on the gable ends. Altered in the 17th and 19th century, when the hall was owned by the Marton family, the gabled porch is dated 1687, with the initials CM. 3 miles south is Castle Hill, Burton in Lonsdale.
Over Hall is located north-east of Ireby, off the A65. 17 miles north-east of Lancaster, on the A683-A65.
The site is visible from a public footpath, which passes the hall from the village.
Car parking is by the side of the road.