Church of St Andrew Penrith
NY 516-301 Cumbria England
Church of St Andrew is probably a late 12th or early 13th century stone church, which was probably defensible. Displaying the badge of the Earl of Warwick, the thick walls of its tower gave refuge from border warfare and in 1374, its parishioners were ordered to repair the bell tower. In 1720-22, the church was rebuilt to a design by Nicholas Hawksmoor and a new western entrance made through the tower. Nearby are Dockray Hall and Hutton Hall.
Church of St Andrew is located in Penrith, off Market Square. 21 miles south of Carlisle, on the M6-A592.
The site is freely accessible in daylight hours.
There are car parks nearby.