NY 527-283 Cumbria England
Brougham Hall is a 13th century fortified manor house, founded by Gilbert de Broham. In 1307, Ricardus de Brun of Dummaloch, founded the stone hall when he was granted a licence to crenellate. In the 16th century, there was a complex range of buildings, which included a manor house, a byre and a gate, to which a 17th century pele tower was added. Later in the 17th century, Lady Anne Clifford restored the hall but the site was largely rebuilt in the 19th century. A mile north-east is Brougham Castle and 2 miles north-west is Penrith Castle.
Brougham Hall is located in the village centre, off Brougham Avenue. 2 miles south-east of Penrith, on the A6-B6262.
The site is owned by The Brougham Hall Trust and is open daily, Summer 9:00-6:00pm, Winter 9:00-4:00pm.
There is a car park.