NX 983-210 Cumbria England
Moresby Hall was possibly a late medieval stone pele tower, founded by Morsby family. In the 17th century, the tower was absorbed, in the construction of a country mansion, with a front façade of 1615. The tower, which retains part of its stone spiral stair, is in the north-west part of the house and is called Rosmerta Cottage. To the east is the site of the hall range, with a crosspassage and in the late 17th and early 20th century, more additions and alterations were made to the house. 2 miles north-east is Hayes Castle and 7 miles south is Egremont Castle.
Moresby Hall is located south of Lowca, off the A595. 12 miles south-west of Cockermouth, on the A66-595.
The site is a privately owned and managed country house hotel and is visible from the road. Access is restricted to guests with reservations for an overnight stay or dining in the restaurant, check website for details.
There is a car park.