NY 664-645 Northumberland England
Blenkinsopp Castle was originally a 13th century medieval fortified manor house, founded by Randolph de Blencansopp. In 1349, Thomas de Blencansopp founded the stone castle, when he was granted licences to crenellate. Built within the outer ditch to his fortilicium, was a large L-plan tower house, with vaulted basements and a walled barmkin. In the late 19th century, the castle was incorporated in a Victorian Gothic mansion, founded by Lord Joicey of Etal but sadly it was destroyed by a great fire in 1954. A mile north is Thirlwall Castle.
Blenkinsopp Castle is located in Blenkinsopp Castle Home Park, off the A69. 3 miles west of Haltwhistle, on the A69.
The grounds are a Home Park and the castle is visible from the visitors car park.