SO 449-655 Herefordshire England
Croft Castle is probably a late 16th century to early 17th century stone quadrangular manor house, built close to the site of the old medieval castle. At each corner of the high curtain wall, is a small castellated round tower, with a small square tower flanking the north side. The castle was restored in the late 17th century after Civil War slighting and the east range was given a Gothic reconstruction in the mid 18th century. In 1461, the medieval castle, Sir Richard Croft and Wigmore Castle, five miles north-west, played a part in the nearby battle of Mortimer's Cross.
Croft Castle is located north of Kingsland, off the B4362. 9 miles south of Ludlow, on the B4361-B4362.
The site is owned by The National Trust and is open daily, mid to end of February 11:00-4:00pm, March to October 10:00-5:30pm, Saturday and Sunday November to mid December 10:00-4:00pm. Parkland open daily, 9:00am till dusk.
There is a car park.