SK 837-787 Lincolnshire England
Torksey Castle is a mid 16th century Tudor stone courtyard country house, founded by the Jermyn family of Suffolk. Possibly built on the site of an early medieval castle, the remains are a bleak monument to Civil War slighting. The limestone and brick mansion, was square in plan, with angular flanking towers and the west wing and kitchen range still stand to there full height. In 1645, this Parliamentarian stronghold was attacked and burnt by the garrison of Newark Castle. 7 miles north is Gainsborough Old Hall and 10 miles south-east is Lincoln Castle.
Torksey Castle is located in the village centre, on the east bank of the River Trent. 12 miles north-west of Lincoln, on the A57-A156.
The site is strictly private, with no public access and is only visible from the road and the public footpath, off Torksey Ferry Road, check website for details.
Car parking is by the side of the road.